My little girl turned one today. Time flies!
Just a year ago, I was at the hospital delivering my little one.. and now she do baby step walking already.
For the birthday celebration, we decided to keep it simple. Rather than throw a big party which she won't remember anyway.... we decided to just book ourselves to a nearby hotel and enjoy the good service. Stress-free celebration.
We made a right choice choosing The Club Sauajana. It was a short drive from Mont Kiara to that hotel. The lush greens around made you think you are not in the city anymore.
After reading several blogs, comments (tripAdvisor), we decided to give this place a try and indeed we were not disappointed.
A quick rundown on the POSITIVES of this hotel:
- short drive from KL
- great view from our room
- they gave us a free upgrade to Terrace Suite
- the "happy hour" club lounge free drinks at 530pm-630pm was nice... not only did they give free drinks, they had some free nibbles as well -- impressive foodies like carrot soup served in a glass shot and a spoonful of tasty risotto -- perfect company to our Perrier and white wine!
- they were very quick with all requests we made -- when we called for extra body shower gel
- the price we paid (we booked the Rejuvinate Package from their official website) includes everything in the mini-bar, this is a great concept! all the drinks you want!
- aircon was very nice -- the room got cold quickly. the aircon system seems to be very new
- the pool was very well maintained
- lots of greeneries around... we were near the golf course... i would highly recommend to golfers!
- the spa was superb! it was the most most most comforable massage bed we have ever experienced. the place is huge! the service was good also
- free shuttle to the yummy Japanese restaurant Kogetsu (where I had a super yummy beef teppanyaki -- one of the best i have tried)
Well, not everything is perfect... so there are some points for improvement ...
- I requested for a baby cot when I booked online, they forgot about it. I had to remind them 2 x when we checked into the room. Finally they sent it over when we were out for lunch
- the room didnt have a hair dryer -- I kept looking for it... finally in the end I had to request for one
- there were some small insects near the bathtub... although i assume it is hard to really maintain such a place especially with all the greens around -- prone to insects
- they only provide 1 bath gel for the huge toilet ... dont know how that is enough if you will use some for the shower and some for the bath-tub... then again, i didnt allow them to come in and do "make-up bed for the evening"... they probably would have refilled?
- the bar guy who was in charge of the happy hour at club lounge didn't service us immediately after we sat at the sofa, then when i asked about the drinks, he said that the service was over. When i walked to my handbag to get the phone, it showed 630pm... so i had to go and show him the time. in the end he said he can still serve last call. After we got first round of drinks, they came with the food nibbles then asked if we wanted a free second round of drinks which we declined.... i guess that good service made up for the earlier complaint that i have
- no one taking care of the pool area.... every now and then there would be some staff, but most of the time no one is around so you have to take your own towel. maybe on weekends they are more staffed at the pool area?
Overall, we spend RM1,300 for 1 night stay. This included the Rejuvinate Package (which had 2 x Balinese massage), our lunch at Kogetsu and our dinner in-room.
Highly recommended for those looking for 5 star quality around town.